State of the Vine

State of the Vine

If You Have a Menut...

I couldn't help it; the pun was too good to resist. But, fortunately, so is this Priorat from Spain!

 It comes highly recommended from a friend and I was finally able to make it to one of the DC stores that carries it! 





Clos Martinet, Menut, 2011
Varietal, Region: Merlot Blend, Priorat, Spain
Price: $17.99/bottle
Available at: D'vines, 14th St DC and Adams Morgan
My Tasting Notes: Ripe and juicy, hints of blackberries and blueberries, slightly smokey, bold flavor with just the right amount of tannins.
My Verdict: So I bet you noticed this wine is a MERLOT blend. I think my next post might be "Why I should have never given Merlot the cold shoulder." haha. This wine is fantastic, a robust red that's also something a little different.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment