State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Argyle: Not just for sweaters!





The Wine: Argyle Brut Rose, 2010
Varietal, Region: 70% Pinot Noir, 30% Petit Meunier, Willamette Valley, Oregon
Price: About $38
Where to buy: Total Wine & More (Sterling, VA) , or the Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill, NC*
My Tasting Notes: Small bubbles, very slight hint of grapefruit with notes of cherry and strawberry. The palate is a tad acidic but well balanced.
My Verdict: Perfect balance of dry and slightly sweet! Very refreshing. And I like it so much, it will be served at my wedding! This sparkling rose is also a little different than many of the other sparkling roses I've had because of the varietals used. Definitely a sure bet to warm you up in the cold winter months!

*My wedding venue!



No comments:

Post a Comment