State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Quebec City Part Un: A Lebanese Cab Sauv


Château KSara was one of the first wineries to follow me on Instagram when I first started my blog

When my husband and I were in Quebec City recently for our honeymoon, we paid a trip (or two) to the SAQ (their version of the ABC) to see what their selection was like. I was so excited to discover in the "Vins du Liban" section, which only had a few wines, that this wineries' Cab Sauv was one of them (and it gave me a good opportunity to practice my Français!)



The Wine: Château KSara
Varietal, Region: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cuvee Speciale, 2011, Bekka Valley
Price: About $15 (their other wines range from $11-25ish)
Where to buy: Potomac Wine and Spirits, Georgetown, or by the glass or bottle at Lebanese Taverna
My Tasting Notes: Medium to full bodied. A nice bouquet. Rich, smooth and dry with notes of currants, dates and mocha. According to my husband, the grapes taste very "old world" (a big complement). 
My Verdict: An excellent wine and a great price; perfect for Fall to Winter. I can't wait to try the rest of their wines!

The SAQ we visited in QC had an amazing wine tasting machine. Here I am, sampling away.





à votre santé!

No comments:

Post a Comment