State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Summertime Rosés



I can be picky when it comes to roses, so here are two I really enjoy.


The "Under $20"



Meinklang Prosa Frizzante Rosé

Varietal, Region: Pinot Noir, Burgenland, Austria
Price: About $15.99/bottle
Available at: Whole Foods, Clarendon
My Tasting Notes: This is a darker rosé, made with Pinot Noir grapes. Notes of red berry fruit, cherries and cranberries and nice crisp bubbles. Slightly sweet and just a touch tart.
My Verdict: This is one of my favorites and made biodynamically. It was my first wine from Austria. As nerdy as this may sound, I felt like I struck gold after trying this bottle. If you're like me, and sometimes you can't decide between a red wine, a sparkling rose or something else entirely, this one is a great "middle ground," a perfect refreshing bubbly for wine drinkers who want to try something new!




The "Upscale" 



Maison Mont d'Azur Cloud Chaser Rose 2012

Varietal, Region:  35% Grenache, 30% Cinsault, 12% Mourvedre, 11% Carignan, 8% Syrah, 3% Tibouren, Cotes de Provence, France
Price: About $30/bottle
Available at: Pascal and Sabine in Asbury Park, NJ, and various online retailers.
My Tasting Notes: A fantastic light rose, dry but not too dry, slight mineral taste with hints of raspberry and strawberry and peach.
My Verdict: This was a wine we had while at brunch with friends who live in NJ. All the ladies had this one and said they loved it! It's absolutely one of the best roses I've had. I haven't found it locally yet but I'm working on it. And let me add that the food was amazing. I wish we lived closer!




Happy Summer...Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment