State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Que Syrah, Syrah: A CA Beer and Wine

                                              
What will be, will be...in this case...one beer (yes, a beer!) and one wine made with Syrah grapes from Cali!

The Beer

This was my first trip to Dogfish Head Ale House, and what a wonderful surprise!


Dogfish Head Sixty-One IPA
Brewed with: Syrah grapes from California
Price: $7/pint
Available at: Dogfish Head Ale House, various stores across Arlington
My Tasting Notes: Slightly hoppy, the perfect amount of fruity, crisp and much lighter than I expected.
My Verdict: An absolute yes! I know the idea of beer brewed with wine grapes might sound weird, but its an absolute "do" in my book, and for this beer it totally works! A must try ASAP!

For the full story on this unlikely beer/wine marriage, go here.




The Wine

This wine we discovered in the retail section at Grand Cru, and brought home to enjoy at the end of the evening on my 30th birthday!



Stag's Leap Petit Sirah, 2011
Varietal, Region: Petit Sirah, Napa Valley
Price: $40/bottle
Available at: Grand Cru Wine Bar, Arlington
My Tasting Notes: A dry red, hints of currant and blueberry, bright and long lasting finish. Elegant tannins, slightly spicy and a strong palate.
My Verdict: This wine was fantastic and totally worth the price. Happy Birthday to me!!

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment