State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Rosé, Bubbly


This wine caught my attention for a few reasons. #1- It's the first I've found locally (metro-accessible Arlington) from the Alsace region made from red grapes.#2- I recently learned part of my dad's side of the family lived there before moving to the US in the 1800's. #3- I am just obsessed with bubbly rosé.




Lucien Albrecht Cremant d'Alsace Brut Rosé
100% Pinot Noir
Arlington Store, Neighborhood: Whole Foods, Clarendon
Price: around $20
My Tasting Notes: Crisp, clean taste, nice bubble size, a good balance between sweet and dry (I am not a fan of sweet wine), and hints of apple and strawberry.

My fiancé and I were invited to a dinner party with some good friends so I decided to bring a bottle. This was a bit of a gamble since it was my first time trying it, too. But the gamble paid off...the bottle was gone in less than 5 minutes.

For those of you who have wheels to further your wine excursions and adventures, I've heard through the grapevine that Total Wine has an entire section dedicated to wines from Alsace.

The verdict: Great value, no hangover, and very tasty. Totally worth it. Cheers!

More about wines from Alsace and Rosé:

Wines of Alsace
Facebook Alsace USA
Buzzfeed: Rose Wine Facts

No comments:

Post a Comment