State of the Vine

State of the Vine

French Wine and Book Club



I was so happy when my good friend Jess moved to Arlington recently, and even happier when she invited me to be the book club she was starting!

The book club ladies are great and, luckily, they're also wine lovers!


We met a few weeks ago to discuss The Paris Wife by Paula McLain and all brought a wine from France (and there were many fabulous cheeses and other appetizers, too!).

My choice:


Château Lafite Rothschild, Bordeaux, 2010
Arlington Store, Neighborhood: World Market, Pentagon City
Price: on sale for under $15, regularly about $18
My Tasting Notes: Very silky and incredibly smooth finish


Another wine I really liked was this champagne, brought by Anna, another book club member.



Jaillance Cuvee Imperiale, Tradition
Arlington Store, Neighborhood: I have a confession to make. Anna said she bought this wine in Maryland. BUT I did some research, and it is available at the Total Wine closest to Arlington. And I do plan to do some poking around to see where I can find it locally, without having to drive.

My Tasting Notes: Surprising hints of lime, slightly sweet, light, refreshing. It's technically a sparkling wine, not a champagne since it comes from the Rhone Valley, not the Champagne region...but it's still great. This one is made from Muscat Blanc grapes.

Cheers!

Side Notes: The book is fantastic. Also, everyone should check out Jess's Blog. It's fantastic, and she helped inspire me to start this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment