State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Bio-Dynamic Côtes du Rhône

I decided to wait until the next day to open the bottle I bought from Grand Cru, for fear my excellent wine palate was over-saturated (temporarily) from the amazing dessert, compromising my review.







Grapes: Grenache, Syrah, Carignan Cinsault, Mourvedre
Arlington Store, Neighborhood: Grand Cru Wine Bar and Bistro, Ballston
Price: $23
My Tasting Notes: Lavender aromas that hit my nose right when I open the bottle. A light yet flavorful burst of juicy red berries that lingers in your mouth after you take a sip.
My Verdict: Excellent. 



*This is the first bio-dynamic wine I have had from the Rhone Valley in France. I generally like French reds, but many in the $10-15 dollar range that I've tried seem to fall flat, and aren't very exciting. 

More about Grand Cru:
Grand Cru has excellent food and wine. I've been a regular since I moved to the area and I love it. The staff is very friendly, too! They have a member program that gives you 10 percent off wines to go.

Go try it! I'll review their happy hour in a future post.


Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment