State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Mini Beaujolais-Villages


I know just because the temperature in Arlington was around 55 the last two days it doesn't mean it's quite time to break out your French wine country picnic gear...


However, without buying a plane ticket, this wine is next best thing. This wine transports me to a springtime meadow in Southern France where I'm surrounded by wildflowers, sitting on a a gingham blanket (red and white checkered, obviously) under a cloudless blue sky, with a cool breeze blowing. Did I mention the Croque Monsieurs and other various French treats? 

On to the review:

Varietal, Region, Subregion: 100% Gamay, Burgundy, Beaujolais
Arlington Store, Neighborhood: Tivoli, Ballston
My Tasting Notes: This wine is spicy, jammy, and is a bouquet of ripe fruit...mostly cherry and blackberry, with soft tannins.
My Verdict: The Best part? No corkscrew needed! A mini-bottle of sunshine. 


If you're planning your own French picnic, Food & Wine  has a great slideshow of ideas, and (my fave) Bon Appétit .

And don't forget your picnic basket, or wine and cheese basket! *

*Full disclosure: I don't own either picnic basket, but they look awesome (and I am not getting paid to promote either..or anything on my blog for that matter. All for fun) !

Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment