State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Screwtop Wine Bar (Happy Hour Reds, Part 3)


This was my first time at Screwtop Wine Bar & Cheese Shop. I noticed right away they had six different wines on their happy hour menu to choose from!






Arlington Happy Hour, Neighborhood: Screwtop Wine Bar & Cheese Shop, Clarendon
Happy Hour: M-F Until 6 p.m.
Price per Glass: $6
My Happy Hour Tasting Notes: I loved the Dinarells Negre, a balanced Spanish red blend with noticeable tannins. I also liked the Cricova Sparkling Brut. Very crisp bubbles with a "flowery bouquet", and yeasty (but in a good way).

*Tips- We arrived around 5 and got two of four open seats left at the bar. By the time we left around 6:30, there was barely any standing room.


Calling my fellow "taste-oholics!"

The non-happy hour wine menu also has some great finds and each wine is available in three different sizes: A sip, a glass, or a bottle. The prices vary on each wine. 

My Favorites: 



  • Buguey Cerdon, Sparkling Gamay, Boyeux Saint Jerome France: I LOVED it. In a recent post I talked about Mini Beaujolais-Villages which are made from the same grape.
  • Vigilance Cabernet Sauvignon, Lake County, California - From what I've read, Lake County wines are a great alternative to Napa wines. This one had a spicy nose, slightly oaky with a buttery texture and an aroma of black cherry. 

Honorable Mention: The nachos. A picture is worth a thousand words...(and they were amazing). 





I can't wait to go back. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment