State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Part Two, Happy Hour Reds


Willow




My friend Jess and I went to Willow Restaurant on Fairfax Drive in Ballston for Happy Hour last week, and it was great catching up. To top it off the good company, their happy hour red is $5 a glass.. and I'd say it's a first-class red.




Cortenova, 100% Primitivo, Puglia, 2012
Arlington Happy Hour: Willow Restaurant, Ballston
Happy Hour from: 5:30-7
Price per Glass: $5
My Tasting Notes: A medium-bodied juicy red with hints of violet and a nice balance, and velvety on the palate.


If you're wondering, this is the same restaurant I went to for the tantalizing tater tots mentioned in a previous post. To be fair, I live nearby and who wouldn't want to do "research" like this?!
 
We also ordered a mini-shrimp taco, a lamb slider and spring rolls, all "mini" and similar in size to tapas, and all were delish. I unfortunately forgot to take a picture of the food because I was too busy talking, drinking and eating = having a great time. I guess I'll just have to go back again this week to do more research!

*Tip- The bar at Willow gets very crowded during Happy Hour, especially on Friday, so get there early if you want to grab a seat!

I can't wait to try the rest of their food. They even have a separate cheese menu and a wheat-less menu!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment