State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Return to Cafe Cattura


I am here to announce my triumphant return to ...Cafe CaturraI used to go there quite often when I lived nearby, maybe a little too much but I LOVE it! 

This was my first time there in about a year and what made it even better, I got to go with my awesome friends Brenna and Trina* and do some serious catching up (although one was missing because she recently moved...miss you Tay!)

*Brenna and Trina have an awesome hair/beauty blog. You MUST check it out here!

Since we didn't make it there in time for happy hour, I was faced with the decision of "which red" to go with. Caturra always has a good selection but that can make it hard to choose! Luckily, Brenna knows her reds because she picked this one and I decided to just follow her example instead of doing my usual tasting routine.


Arlington restaurant: Cafe Caturra, near Shirlington
Wine: Di San Marzano, Puglia, Italy
Varietal: Primitivo
Price: $26/bottle, $8/glass
Tasting Notes: spicy and hints of cherry and vanilla on the nose, plush tasting, slightly sweet but just the perfect amount (and I don't usually do sweet wines).
My Verdict: Caturra is a little out of the way from where I currently live but it never dissapoints. Also they sell (only by the bottle though, one of my faves Trinchero Chicken Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon).


I was so excited about their dessert trio, I completely forgot to take pictures, haha! I promise in the future, it will appear in its very own post.



No comments:

Post a Comment