State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Vine Find of the Week: Priorat


I've recently had several wines from this region recommended to me, so I thought I would give it a shot. 

I'm happy to say that I wasn't disappointed.




La Conreria, 2009**
Varietal, Region: Garnacha, Priorat, Spain
Store, Neighborhood: Total Wine, Sterling, VA
Price: $19.99
My Tasting Notes: Intense yet well balanced, smooth, nice finish, notes of blackberry and mocha
My Verdict: This is a 90 point wine (so says Wine Advocate.) I've always been a bit skeptical of wine ratings, since taste is obviously subjective, but in this case, Wine Advocate definitely got it right. I cant wait to try other wines from this region! This wine was fantastic!

Tip- Total Wine had about 5 or 6 different bottles from the Priorat region but generally, these wines aren't easy to find...I've heard they are carried in Adams Morgan and Georgetown. I'll do some research and report back...

No comments:

Post a Comment