State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Arrowine, French Malbec


I was surprised last week with a lovely trip to Arrowine. It was my first time there and upon walking through the door, I was greeted with wine, cheese, bread, homemade soups, and ice cream. 

Pure heaven. 

The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and patiently answered all of my questions. Here is what I went home with:


                                    
Anne de Joyeuse Original Malbec 2012, France
Varietal, Region: 100% Malbec, Languedoc-Roussillon
Arlington Store, Neighborhood: Arrowine, Leesburg Pike
Price: around $10

My Tasting Notes: Blackberry and violet notes, soft tannins. Medium-bodied with hints of plum.
My Verdict: Dare I say I like the Argentinian Malbecs better? So far, I definitely do. This wine didn't "wow" my palette but it's worth trying, especially for the price.

The ice cream:
Normally I go for anything with chocolate first, but I was very intrigued by the Brambleberry Crisp. It was fantastic (but just a warning...it may be dangerous to regularly stock this item in your freezer if you have limited amounts of self control :-). It was $10.99, which is the most I've ever paid for a pint of ice cream, but this was a special treat totally worth it.

Cheers!



More about the origin of the Malbec grape.



No comments:

Post a Comment