State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Santa Julia, Argentina




Santa Julia Organica, Malbec 2012
Varietal, Region: 100% Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina
Arlington Store, Neighborhood: Tivoli, Ballston
Price: around $11
My Tasting Notes: Medium bodied and complex, slight tannins, hints of fig, blackberry, and plum.
My Verdict: This Malbec is my go-to red wine. It's a great wine for a great price and it's organic! What are you waiting for?!




Santa Julia, Brut Rosé
Varietal, Region: 100% Pinot Noir, MaipĂș and Uco Valley, Mendoza, Argentina
Arlington Store, Neighborhood: Grand Cru, Ballston
Price: around $15
My Tasting Notes: Crisp bubbles, almost candy sweet on the nose. Notes of strawberry and cherry and slight essence of violet.
My Verdict: I love sparkling rose, this one was pretty good but a little too sweet for my taste.


Stay tuned for more reviews from Familia Zuccardi wines.

In the meantime...Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment