State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Happy Hour Reds, Part Six (Rustico)


Spring! I can feel it...it's almost here! One of my favorite places in the Ballston area is Rustico. And amazingly enough...they have happy hour on the weekends, too.


Arlington happy hour, neighborhood: Rustico, Ballston
Specs: 7 days a week
Happy hour red: Zaleo, Tempranillo 2011
Price: $5/glass
My tasting notes: Soft tannins, floral notes on the nose, medium bodied. Great deal! 


Battle of the tater tots:


Here it is. Battle of the Arlington tater tots. I reviewed the tater tots from Willow Restaurant in an earlier post . I must say I was caught completely off guard by the listing of tater tots on Rustico's menu, even though I've dined here many times before. Naturally, I had to order them and they did not disappoint. However, as of right now, I think Willow's are a tiny bit better.



Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment