State of the Vine

State of the Vine

Grand Cru, Happy Hour Reds Part Five



Arlington happy hour, neighborhood: Grand Cru Wine Bar & Bistro, Ballston
Specs:  M-F 4:00pm - 6:30pm 
Happy hour red: All Little Penguin wines, $3.50/glass, beer $3/select bottles

My tasting notes: I like the Cabernet Sauvignon...it has a ruby-red color and berries on the nose with soft tannins. That being said, their non-happy hour reds are fantastic. They rotate the wines pretty often, so they always have new ones to try, but for 3.50/glass, the Little Penguin wines are pretty tasty.


Happy Hour Food Menu:

Ginger marinated chicken skewers



Spinach & artichoke dip with warm pita


My verdict: Grand Cru is a fantastic wine bar, and the food is great. My fiance and I have been "regulars" here since we moved to the area and the staff is very friendly. They also have great dessert, which I reviewed in a previous post.


No comments:

Post a Comment